The only one stopping you is you. Hey Black Lady get out of your way.
Do you want a new job or a new business? Have you always wanted to live by the beach or live in a foreign country? Have you thought about writing a screen play or a book? It really doesn’t matter what it is. I want to know why haven’t you? If nobody is physically stopping you, you are standing in your way. How you may ask? You have made the decision not to take action. You can’t blame Aunt Busy Body, momma, not cousin Moocher, the “man”, Becky, Lupe, or anyone else. Go find a mirror and take a look at your biggest obstacle. It’s you. So own it. We are going to change that right now. I bet you are saying I should wait until my money is right, I am just too busy or my favorite is “oh I am waiting for my blessing.” Let me tell you something.
1. Live is too short. There will never be the right time until you decide it will be.
2. Money is an issue because you have made it an issue. Sarah Breedlove was washerwoman who built an empire on nothing but an idea.
3. And you have already been blessed because God or nature gave you an idea to change your life. So all I hear are excuses.
I want to stress the last point because I know remarkable women who are wasting their time and waiting for something to happen. It ain’t happening because you have not accepted that you are your blessing. Let me explain. If God/nature gave you health and an idea and you haven’t acted upon it then you have rejected your blessing. Here is some good news. You can change it at this very moment. How?
1. Accept responsibility for your life. Responsibility is scary but powerful because you have the power to control your life. “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” Eleanor Roosevelt
2. Stop giving up on your dreams/blessings and give in to them. You were given this idea because you were born to do it. “Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.” - Langston Hughes
3. Stop focusing on why you can’t. Focus on the impossible and make it possible.”There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why… I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?” Robert Kennedy
4. If you are afraid please remember we all are so, so what. I want you to know that what separates you from achieving success or sitting in mediocrity depends upon you having the courage to act on your dreams, goals and blessings. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminshes fear.” -Rosa Parks
5. Surround yourself with supportive people that will lift you up and reciprocate it. If you can’t find anyone lean on your faith and or become your own best friend. “The most called-upon prerequisite of a friend is an accessible ear.” - Maya Angelou
6. Accept that mistakes are life’s lessons and not a reason to quit. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” -Booker T. Washington
“Faith without works is dead.” No more excuses. The right time start your on your goals and blessings is now. So let’s get started.