Many think you have to reinvent the wheel to achieve success. You don’t. The easiest thing to do is to find someone who is where you want to be and emulate their success. How? Not by being an exact copy of them or their work but by modeling the strategies they used and putting your own twist to it.
We see this all the time in the entertainment industry. A company pumps some random face they believe can generate millions of dollars for them. The company invests and promotes the heck out of them and with the help of auto tunes, plastic surgery, makeup, a hairstylist and weight loss they become a successful in the music industry. That is why talented musicians do not get the same attention corporate created image molded mechanized singers do. The strategy to achieve success is always the same. The only thing that is different are the people utilizing it.
Now emulating strategies requires that we set aside our biases and look at person and ourselves objectively. We cannot judge our subject. Again, see them objectively and study them as you would a school subject. We also must also set aside our ego and recognize the flaws in ourselves so we can truly benefit from what our subject did. Here is what I want you to do:
If there was one Black woman in history (nonrelative) you would model your life after who would it be? Research her. Find every book, movie, video and article on her.
- Now ask what strategies did she use to attain success and how can you use them?
- What would you model from her?
- What would you do differently from her and why?
- Was she good at everything or did she master one skill? Which one would work for you?
- Did she have mentors?
- Who were her mentors and how did she acquire them?
- Did she form traditional and or nontraditional alliances in and outside of her tribe?
- What kind of leader was she?
- Did she have help?
- How did she delegate the work load?
- Was she fearless? If not, how did she overcome her fear?
- How is she different from you?
- How is she similar to you?
The next thing I want you to do is to create a plan mimicking the strategies they used so can you achieve those same results. Make sure the time frame you use is realistic. Finally, make it happen. You can do it. The only limit you have is the one you have placed on yourself. So think and be limitless.
Don’t forget to subscribe, like and share this post with your networks. Thanks for reading!