Women gets beaten by man she met on Instagram
— KTLA (@KTLA) May 9, 2017
Last year India Ali met James Baker on Instagram after he messaged her. India thought he looked safe. They eventually met, and this meeting almost cost India her life.
During the date, Baker and Ali posted several videos online. India still can’t remember the videos. What is clear is Baker was sober, and India was inebriated. After the date, India woke up with car keys and her phone gone. There was blood everywhere, and she was severely beaten.
The police caught the demon by tracking her phone. The hotel’s security recording shows Baker also taking India’s car. Baker was found guilty of assault.
Even though India’s wounds have healed, she’s left with the scars of knowing this monster almost killed her. Her warning to other people meeting someone online is “I wouldn’t want anybody to go and meet up with anybody that they don’t know. Please don’t ever do that … You have to value your life.” Read KTLA’s article here.
Sisters, things on the internet aren’t always what they seem. I call it the Insta-sham life. You have to understand; people online show you what they want you to see. Have you ever seen someone post about their messed up life? NOPE! How about their criminal record or defaulted child support? HECK NAW! Everyone posts a picture of a new car, but they never post a pic of it getting repoed or returning the car to the car rental place. Most of the time, people post about how wonderful things are even though they’re drowning in debt, stuck a dead end job, being abused or hate their lives. Anyone can lead an Intsa-sham life, even potential suitors. Before you think I’m bashing online dating or meeting someone online, I believe online dating is great. People have fallen in love and married because of a DM. In about 15 years DM babies will be serving us our burgers right next to kiosks.
Every once in a while we hear these horror stories about women being raped, beaten or killed because they met someone online. It’s a darn shame that in 2017 we have to take precautions, and it should never be on our shoulders, but I don’t want you to be a victim. Here are some tips to keep you safe if you are If you’re meeting anyone online:
- Conduct a criminal background check on this person. It turns out James Baker had an extensive criminal record. Ten dollars could save your life.
- If the background check checks out, meet in a public place. Why? This person is a stranger.
- Let your friends and family know where you are going. They can also track your location using apps. Life360 Family Locator is free (affiliate link)
- Never get in a car with a stranger and bring your car. If this person is a creep, you can leave. If you don’t have a car, use a ride share app.
- Do not leave your drinks unsupervised. Again, this person is a stranger. You don’t know their motives.
- If you had too much to drink, call a relative and ask them to pick you up.
- Carry pepper spray to protect yourself. (Check your local laws)
- If something doesn’t feel right, trust yourself and leave. You don’t own anyone an explanation. If you don’t know how to leave, pretend you’re going to the bathroom and bounce.
Sisters, please stay safe on these internet mean streets. What advice would you give to women who are meeting someone online?
The only limit you have is the one you’ve placed on yourself. Think and be limitless.
If you like this post share it and check out my other posts. In case some of y’all don’t know my website was down for forever because it got attacked, so I had to get it fixed. If you like what I do and can spare $5 or even $10 to help with the costs of keeping it going again, please give. Your help in any way would be greatly appreciated so we can grow undeterred like a rose through concrete. I love you!
Without you, we won’t exist. Consider sharing a gift today. Thank you! ~ BBG
Create your personal life plan look at my Change Your Mind, Change Your Life Goals and Action Plan Worksheets. It will help you create goals and action steps to meet them. Check out my book “Change Your Mind, Change Your Destiny” on Amazon for only $2.99. Did I mention it is free for Amazon Prime and Kindle Unlimited users? WE LOVE FREE!! Want to set goals? Take a look at my How to set goals course for $10. You’ll receive a recorded course that you can listen to anytime. Finally, try my 5 steps to building a killer blog and make money from it course. How much is it? Only $10. Start making money online today.