The left vs right fight isn’t ours. Black Americans must focus on wealth building.
“Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.” ~ Malcolm X
Because of the poisonous political climate I am seeing too many of my Black liberal friends call Black conservatives Uncle Toms and too many of my Black conservative friends calling my Black liberal friends sellouts. Neither is true. Here is a list of sellouts.
- Sellouts and Uncle Toms are the drug dealers who sell poison to kids.
- They are the gang members who terrorize our streets and schools.
- Sellouts and Uncle Toms are the violent criminals.
- They are the perpetual litter makers who create children they cannot afford.
- They are the child abandoners who refuse to provide for their children.
- They are the people who pollute our natural resources and neighborhoods.
- The sellouts and Uncle Toms are the people who sell financial products for banks and other firms that are aimed at ripping off Black consumers.
- Sellouts and Uncle Toms are the preachers and activist who charge people who have faced injustice in exchange for their “services.”
Read the rest of the list here. As you can see it has not a darn thing to do with politics.
The fact is that the left vs right fight isn’t ours. It is never been ours. As long as politicians aren’t discussing Black wealth, business and job creation neither party has our interests at heart. Our focus,Black Americans focus should be on wealth building. Wealth building creates independence and has the power to make us a formidable constituency. Every stats shows that we have plenty of potential to do so. According to the 2012 the U.S. Census Bureau’s Survey of Business Owners, “From 2002 to 2007, the number of black-owned businesses increased by 60.5 percent to 1.9 million, more than triple the national rate of 18.0 percent.. Over the same period, receipts generated by black-owned businesses increased 55.1 percent to $137.5 billion.”
- African American population: 39,919,371 (12.6%) (2013, U.S. Census American Community Data Survey 1-Year Estimates, Table DP-05)
- Black spending power: $1.1 trillion by 2015 (2014 Black Enterprise)
- Black unemployment as of September 2014 was 10% (2014, Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Black dollar circulation: Zero to One time. (2011, Rolling Out Magazine)
|Employment status by race September 2014 (Not seasonally adjusted.)|
|Employment Status by race||White||Black||Asian|
|Civilian noninstitutional population||195,777||30,932||13,788|
|Civilian labor force||123,165||18,982||8,718|
|Not in labor force||72,611||11,950||5,070|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Table A-2. Employment status of the civilian population by race, sex, and age September 2014, Not seasonally adjusted.
As you can see even though we spend $1 trillion a year our dollar only circulates into Black hands at most once. That is absolute madness. We need wealth creation for the Black population because it creates a cycle of multi-generational wealth. It allows us to buy homes. Because of those homes we pay property taxes to fund our great schools. If we have well-trained workers Black firms will hire them and we will have low employment. Low unemployment leads to safe communities because criminality is usually caused out of financial necessity and reduced opportunities. Finally this leads to better health and life for you and your family.
No politician, political party, government program or tax cut will ever do that for us. We have to do it for ourselves. If you believe Black success is tied to the victory of any political party in the United States you are a fool. It means Black success is dependent upon the whims of the majority of voters who are nonBlack. Considering this nation’s history against Black people our goal should be to succeed despite who is in office.
Every revolution starts between to ears. Start yours today.
Join the internet’s only online forum exclusively for Black women here.
Since you made it this far in the post, as my gift to you, I want you to download my free Change Your Mind, Change Your Life Goals and Action Plan Worksheets. The worksheets will help you create your goals and stick to them.
If you like this post don’t forget to subscribe, share this post and/or even donate to this blog. Donating is awesome!
Check out the Bougie Black Girl Store to purchase awesome gifts for yourself and others.
Have you seen someone you know living an unfulfilled life, and you are afraid of living that way? Are you unsure about achieving your goals and the direction of your life? Purchase my book Change Your Mind Change Your Destiny. It is “The lifestyle blueprint for the strategic Black woman who wants to win and master her life.” For only $2.99 and within hours you will be given tools created specifically for Black women to create goals and action steps to help you live the life of your dreams. Take the first step towards fulfilling your dreams. All you have to do is buy Change Your Mind Change Your Destiny today.
We want to customize the forum for you. Don’t forget to take the 30 second survey here.