Black people age slower than less melanated #ffffff people. Here’s how to keep it that way.
Look at Gabriel Union. She’s the Patron Saint of Agelessness and Perpetual Slaying. Can you believe she is in her 40’s? If you’re Black, this is the norm.
Check out Fusion’s awesome explanation on why Black people age slower.
We all know Black doesn’t crack! Right now you’re thinking, “tell me something I don’t know.” But some folks need proof and not just what Auntie, who is 40, but looks like she is 20 says. It’s great that we don’t have to bathe in the delicious White tears of racists to look young. What we don’t brag about is according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention aka the CDC, we’re dying at a disproportional rate from preventable illnesses like diabetes, heart disease and others. Why are we dying? Because of our habits. Y’all that’s scary!
Black folk, if want we to keep on put up pictures of who’s the mom/dad or daughter/son and actually want to look young outside of a casket, take care of yourself. Taking care of you is SUPER easy. Here is how:
1. Eat right! That means more fruits,, veggies and lean meats. Big mama’s pot of salted pork collards don’t count. I’m talking about fresh fruits and veggies. If you live in a food desert, check out Rodan’s Organic Life tips on “How Apartment Dwellers Can Grow Food.”
2. Avoid processed sugar. Processed sugar ages you, drains your energy and has no nutritional value. I mean none. You can find processed sugar everywhere. “Your job, if you accept it is to” read food labels or avoid processed food by making your own food.
3. Drink water. Why should you drink water? Water plumps up your skin, cleans your insides, makes you feel full and gives you a youthful glow. So drink more water! If you think water is nasty, put your favorite fruit in it. It adds flavor.
4. Wear sun block. Yes, we have melanin my hotepian friends, but I have science. More like elementary school science. Unlike thousands of years ago, when our ancestors walked the earth instead of sitting in one ton cans with wheels, we didn’t have man-made pollution. Because of industrialization, man-made pollution has created harmful gases that are causing the depletion of the ozone layer. This means more harmful rays are coming to earth. Once these rays hit out our skin, they’re unnecessarily baking and aging our skin. So regardless of what Brother Jamal, who got his PhD at the University of Scientifical extension Hotepistan Campus says, wear sunblock,
5. Exercise because it keeps you feeling and looking young. No, don’t roll your eyes. I hope I haven’t lost you yet. Exercise isn’t just weights, which I love. It can be fun. Try dancing, yoga, walking, biking, sexy time, etc. Did you know you can burn over 144 calories per half an hour during sex. Look at gawd! That’s better than a cheese burger.
6. Keep your skin clean and this means no sleeping in makeup. Please don’t. Waking up looking like a dead raccoon because you left mascara on ain’t cute. The truth is dirty skin can clog your pores. Clogged pores age you. I wash my face every morning and every night. Try it. It makes a difference.
7. Avoid negative stress. Stress causes heart disease and other illnesses that can age and eventually kill you. Negative stress usually comes from negative people. Simply limit their interactions in your life. If it’s a bill collector, tell them Jesus died for your sins and washed your debt away. I heard that tip from a guy on the internet. Even better? Block their calls. J/K. Contact a financial counselor here and get rid of your debt.
8. Avoid drugs like cigarettes, caffeine, street drugs and excessive alcohol. Who knows what’s in them? The chemicals can age you on in the in and outside. Here is a tip. If you live in certain states, you can legally grow your own happy trees (weed) and make home-made wines. Check out the happy trees laws in your state so you don’t get raided by the DEA (U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency).
9. Finally laugh more because it makes you glow and just feels good.
I told you it was super easy. Do these things, enjoy life and you will be fine. Tell me what you think? The only limit you have is the one you have placed on yourself. Think and be limitless.
Share this post. Remember your donations keep BBG independent and going. Consider donating today. Thank you!
Create your own personal life plan check out my Change Your Mind, Change Your Life Goals and Action Plan Worksheets. It will help you create goals and action steps to meet them. Need a last-minute gift? Check out “Change Your Mind, Change Your Destiny” on Amazon for only $2.99. Did I mention it is free for Amazon Prime and Kindle Unlimited users? WE LOVE FREE!! Also check out my 5 steps to building a killer blog and make money from it course. How much is it? Pay what you can.