I am so sick of seeing Black women and children dying violently every day. Most of the time they are murdered by someone they love or were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Because of this I am taking the unpopular stance and imploring you to MOVE out of violent areas. For a list of violent crime rates by city click here.
This isn’t like the movies. The police won’t save you. You have to save yourself if not for your sanity, if you have children, for their sanity. One no one should be exposed to violence. SCREW loyalty or racial solidarity when your life is at risk.
Do you think the man who is beating you down gives damn about love when he is shoving a fist in your face? Do you think gang-bangers give a damn about racial loyalty when they are shooting up a playground? Do you think drug dealers give a damn about racial pride when they are selling poison to our people? HELL TO THE NO. They are thinking about themselves. So sis you must think about yourself. How many of us must die? How many of us must live in dysfunctional communities? Well the truth is you don’t have to. Some might try to lay a guilt trip on you and say oh you need to save the community. We must stand together. or you don’t want to put another brother in the system. Forget them because they don’t give a damn about you. Let them save the community. Think about this, did you know people who live in violent communities are at risk for mental illness?
Children who are exposed to violence are at risk for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Yes, the same illness that people in combat and people who live in war zones suffer from. For more information click here.
According the to Dallas News Morning News article titled “Black women at greater risk of becoming victims of homicidal domestic violence”
- “94 percent of black women killed by men in single victim/single offender incidents knew their killers.
- Nearly 15 times as many black women were murdered by a man they knew than were killed by a stranger.
- 64 percent of black victims who knew their offenders were wives, ex-wives or girlfriends of the offenders.
- The number of black women shot and killed by their husband or intimate partner was nearly five times as high as the total number murdered by strangers using all weapons combined.”
For more information click here.
This is madness. You deserve so much more. If not for your mental health if you have children think about them.
According to one of my favorite bloggers For Black Women Only you can coabode. Coaboding is shared housing for single parents. Read more at www.forblackwomenonly.com. If you cannot move consider getting your children out of violent areas for at least eight hours a day. Enroll them in private school. You can apply for scholarships here. Why? You can pick and choose the neighborhood you want. Think about it, private schools unlike most public schools still invest in arts and music. Things that will make your babies well rounded human beings. Be sure to put them in after school activities to keep them off the streets. For example, the YMCA has a great after school program.
Another tip is to not let violent people in your home. Your home is your castle and should be your place of safety. I know some maybe offended by this and I do not care. If a relative or friend is an ex-offender stay away from them. They are nothing but trouble and trouble attracts trouble. By they way, they are criminals and criminals have a high recidivism rate.
- During 2007, a total of 1,180,469 persons on parole were at-risk of re-incarceration. This includes persons under parole supervision on January 1 or those entering parole during the year. Of these parolees, about 16% were returned to incarceration in 2007.
- Among nearly 300,000 prisoners released in 15 states in 1994, 67.5% were rearrested within 3 years. A study of prisoners released in 1983 estimated 62.5%.
- Of the 272,111 persons released from prisons in 15 states in 1994, an estimated 67.5% were rearrested for a felony or serious misdemeanor within 3 years, 46.9% were reconvicted, and 25.4% resentenced to prison for a new crime.
- These offenders had accumulated 4.1 million arrest charges before their most recent imprisonment and another 744,000 charges within 3 years of release.
- Released prisoners with the highest rearrest rates were robbers (70.2%), burglars (74.0%), larcenists (74.6%), motor vehicle thieves (78.8%), those in prison for possessing or selling stolen property (77.4%), and those in prison for possessing, using, or selling illegal weapons (70.2%).
- Within 3 years, 2.5% of released rapists were arrested for another rape, and 1.2% of those who had served time for homicide were arrested for homicide.
For more information of recidivism rates click here.
Save some money to move. When relatives ask you for money lie and say you are broke. You owe them nothing especially when your safety is at risk. Every penny counts.
Finally consider taking a job that will pay for your relocation. Many government and private firms will pay for your relocation. For more information on government jobs that may pay for your relocation click here.
Why would you want this around you and if you have children, why would you want this around your kids? The hood mentality is real. If you want to achieve it is easier to be around achievers. MOVE!! Remember the only limit you have is the one you place on yourself. Think and be limitless.
Don’t forget to follow the 100 Days to a Brand New You Challenge here.