“Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” ~ Wilma Rudolph
I want to let you know there is greatness inside you. Destiny makes no mistakes. You are here to achieve great things.
You are probably thinking Bougie are you out of your ever loving mind? Greatness? I can’t see, it touch it, taste it or imagine it. How can I be great? I’m behind in my bills. I didn’t finish school. I was born poor or now is not the right time to focus on my greatness. Let me tell you something. There is never the right time because the right time is now. Don’t forget, it’s not about where you are from or who you are. It’s about where you are going and who you want to become.
“Greatness can be captured in one word: lifestyle. Life is God’s gift to you, style is what you make of it.” ~ Mae Jemison, 1st African American Woman Astronaut
You are probably saying what if I accept my greatness and act on it? I may fail. STOP being afraid.When we try and do not get the outcome we want we are not failing. We are learning from a mistake. The real failure is failing to try. Here is what I want you to do:
- Take ownership of your life. No one is responsible for your life and happiness except for you.
- Let go of your fear of failure. Success is on the other side of the mountain of fear.
- Know what you want. Write it out in full detail. Your mind must be able to see your goals to believe it and achieve it.
- Trouble is only temporary. Things may not go your way but eventually it will. Stay persistent and focus on your goal.
- Stay passionate about your goal. Without passion we are just existing.
“Failure is a word that I simply don’t accept.” ~ John H. Johnson
Look there no excuses. You have the blood of innovators, dreamers, inventors, survivors and believers running through your veins. They created something with nothing. We come from the daughter of slaves who went on to become a millionaire. A King from Atlanta saw to the mountain top. A man Arkansas City, Arkansas became the first Black man on the Fortune 500 list.
Don’t tell me there isn’t greatness inside of you. You have to just find it, cultivate it and use it. You are great. Let greatness inside of you out. Remember the only limit you have is the one you have placed on yourself. Think and be limitless.
Don’t forget to follow the 100 Days to a Brand New You Challenge here.